It's amazing how a free day can be just as busy as a work day. I some how managed to fill every bit of the day to the brim. This morning we received a nice little surprise when the owner of the hotel decided to treat the entire team to a breakfast at a 5 star hotel here in Antigua. I never expected to be hanging out at a five star restaurant in Guatemala but it was great. The hotel is actually built in and around the ruins of an old monastery, catacombs and all. Trust me, it's cool.
We then took the team to the market to get their last minute gifts for family and friends and then some of them went zip lining.
That is when I took the remainder of the group into town to do some sight seeing and shopping. Of course it is winter or the rainy season making the chance of an afternoon rain practically 100%. Soon after we began walking around it began to pour down rain. We ran in and out of shops trying to dodge the raindrops and mud puddles. But our attempts at staying dry were failing and by the time we were ready to go home we were soaked. We ran into a little ice cream and coffee shop to take a break from the rain when we decided that we should just take a Tuk Tuk back to our hotel. Now the Tuk Tuk is a special little vehicle. Pictured above, the Tuk Tuk is a motorcycle like car/taxi that can take you anywhere in the city for cinco Quetzales (less than a dollar). A good price for the short ride home out of the rain. My group pilled into three Tuk Tuks and hoped and prayed that the entire group would make it back alive. There must be a rule for all Tuk Tuk drivers to almost hit every car that they pass. I won't lie, a few screams did eek out during that ride. But we made it back with all of our people and completely intact. Now that I think about it, it was kind of fun. Maybe I'll try it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment