But my suitcase is not. At least that was what I was going to use as my title and first sentence if I were able to blog yesterday. No, my luggage did not make it to Guatemala with me. Instead my suitcase was having a nice little Atlanta vacation. I can picture it now, poolside with a pina colada, giggling as it thinks of me waiting at the baggage carousel.
My suitcase did finally make it here to the hotel around five today. The team was great about not making fun of me for wearing the same clothes. Only a few finger points and some laughs under their breath. I'm joking. We have a very nice youth group from North Carolina here. They were cracking up when I used my hand to show them where I lived in West Virginia. It never gets old.
For those of you who were here in March, our fearless leader Michael is back. Kenny is not here but there is another Nashville native here leading worship. The team is working on some houses up on El Hato and they are also doing a VBS at the Jeremiah Project. I was very excited to see some familiar faces at Lorinda's today. Little Hector was there being super cute. In case you didn't know, Lorinda is an American living here in Guatemala. She runs a tutoring/educational type program for kids who aren't in school or need help with school. She also helps the kids who are not in school get the resources to be able to attend school. Her house actually doubles as the Jeremiah Project so her house is always full of kids, staff workers, and volunteers. Props to her.
There is so much more that happened today but I'll save it for next time. Pictures to come!
No comments:
Post a Comment