The groups that came in for this week have had a big a flight trouble. Team Wyoming had a flight cancelled in Jackson Hole which made them a day late and they had to split up and take two different flights at different times. Then Team Rhode Island was supposed to come in today. Five of them arrived today and the other half ended up being diverted to San Salvador because of weather issues in Guatemala City. Michael and Drew just now went into the city to pick them up from the airport. So it has been a long couple of days for these teams.
After saying goodbye to team North Carolina, Melanie, John and I went to a bilingual/ multicultural church. Seems like a good place for teams to go when they are down in Guatemala for a mission trip. After church we grabbed something to eat a cafe nearby and then went over to Lorinda's house for Josie's 1st birthday. It was adorable! The theme was butterflies. There was a butterfly cake and butterfly decorations and even a butterfly craft fort the kids! We played a Josie version of pin the tail on the donkey. Lorinda drew a picture of Josie's face and then removable pig tails so that we could play pin the pig tail on the Josie. She did a really good job!
It had been raining all day and when we decided to go back to the hotel we flagged down a Tuk Tuk. The driver didn't know exactly where our hotel was so I had to show him how to get there. When we arrived at our home the driver wanted 30 quetzales which is half of what the price should have been. He tried to tell me that it was because of the distance but I told him that it should be cheaper because I taught him where the hotel was. In the end I only gave him 15 Q and he didn't fight it.
It had been raining all day and when we decided to go back to the hotel we flagged down a Tuk Tuk. The driver didn't know exactly where our hotel was so I had to show him how to get there. When we arrived at our home the driver wanted 30 quetzales which is half of what the price should have been. He tried to tell me that it was because of the distance but I told him that it should be cheaper because I taught him where the hotel was. In the end I only gave him 15 Q and he didn't fight it.

No comments:
Post a Comment